Being a new parent is anything but easy. While there’s a lot of love and joy, there’s also a lot of stress and not a whole lot of sleep. No one gives you an easy to follow manual on how to care for your baby once you leave the hospital – and you’re completely responsible for each and every need. Sure, you can read all the recommended baby books, and although they can be a bit helpful, it doesn’t quite prepare you for the reality of being a new parent. That’ why finding any helpful little gadget to make things a bit easier is like the answer to new parent prayers. The ITZBEEN Baby Care Timer is just that kind of heavenly gadget.
The ITZBEEN Baby Care Timer was developed by a sleep-deprived mom and dad. The new parents had a difficult time remembering the details of their baby’s care, and were constantly wondering: How long? How long ago did they feed the baby? How long since they changed the baby’s diaper? How long since the baby’s last nap? The tired parents needed a way to remember. The couple first tried charts and journals, but realized there had to be not only a better way, but also an easier one. The two decided to create a new little baby – the ITZBEEN. This multi-purpose nursery tool helps new parents remember the basic details of baby care.
The handy little device includes these useful little features:
- Optional timer alarms: allows you to set an alarm reminder for each timer. If the time limit is reached, the button lights up and an alarm will briefly sound. Nifty.
- Back clip: a practical feature that makes this device totally portable. Carry it around the home or while running errands.
- Soft glow nightlight: makes this easy to find in the dark, and keeps you from disturbing your baby. Shhhhh.
- One touch timers: now you can set a timer for whatever you need – diaper changing, sleeping, feeding, medicine, exercise, etc.
- Display backlight: let’s you conveniently read times in the dark.
- Nursing reminder: helps mom remember which side baby nursed from last.
The fact that parents developed this useful gadget puts a little weight behind the ITZBEEN Baby Care Timer. They’ve been in your shoes, and they can relate to both your joys and the challenges of being a new parent. The ITZBEEN Baby Care Timer has also received rave reviews, and has won the JPMA 2007 Innovation Award, iParenting 2007 Media Award, and DadLabs Top 10 Award. As far as baby gadgets go, this one seems to be a winner.