Whenever you are on course for a project or a venture, there are a number of things that one needs to consider. Normally you would only see the bigger picture which shows the success of the project, but things are a lot more detailed than that. There are a number of contractors that are appointed for specific projects and business ventures that deal with the practical end of things. Contractors are one of the major back bone of the things and often get overseen due to the success. The contractor timesheet solutions is an ideal way to see how much has each contractor put in for the project. Lets have a look at how the time sheets work;
- Setting up the basics: This is the most basic step to the timesheet. The management sets up the timesheet settings which includes the basic periods, the over time rules, payment procedures, and other important notifications. After all of the basics have been updated, they are passed on to the employees via their employee profiles.
- Assigning timesheets to the employees: After the timesheets have been set up, the access is provided to the employees by the admin to use the timesheet. They are started of by handing in a template timesheet. The template is an ideal way to understand the basics of the timesheets and how to go about it. The template will help the employees in knowing how and when to enter their starting and ending times. Templates also allow employees to surf through the progress of various projects.
- Entering the hours and submitting them: Once the employees have been well versed with the entire process, they know need to start using their timesheets. Every employee must need to enter the hours for which he/she works and submit them to the head of department by the end of the period. There are certain projects or tasks that have been appointed to the respective employees which they must pay attention to. The best part about this is that the employees can give in their comments at the end. This is an ideal way for employees to leave in their suggestion if they want.
- Approval from the heads: Once the timesheets have been sent in to the head of departments, it is pending for the approvals. Normally, the approval will be sent to the employee’s supervisor or the project manager (in case they were working on a specific project). If the manager does not find any errors in the timesheet, they will approve them straight away. However, in case the employer rejects the timesheet, the employee will have to redo the timesheet, and resubmit it back to the employer.
- Using the timesheet data: After the approval of the timesheets, the manager can use this data for a number of different purposes. Managers can use this data to generate the payrolls for each and every employee. Moreover, they can use this as the basis to track the upcoming progress of the clients. The timesheet data can also be used to calculate the overall cost, and the future forecasts too.